Terms and Conditions
- "You" refers to a user of DatesOut and your right to use this website by respecting the applicable Terms and Conditions described below.
- As used in this Agreement, "we", "us" and the "Site" means DatesOut.
- A "Member" refers to a user of the Site that has completed the registration process.
- "Service(s)" refers to your use of your use of DatesOut.
Acceptance of terms
Amendments to this Agreement can be made and effected by us from time to time without specific notice to Members. The Agreement posted on the Site reflects the latest Agreement.
You must be 18 years of age or older to visit or use this website. By visiting DatesOut or accepting these Terms and Conditions, you represent and warrant to DatesOut that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by this Agreement. You also represent and warrant to DatesOut that you will use this website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
Code of conduct
By accessing the Services, you agree to the following code of conduct:
- You will not use the Service to engage in any form of harassment or offensive behaviour, including but not limited to the posting of communications or pictures which contain slanderous, abusive or defamatory statements, or racist, pornographic, obscene, or offensive language;
- You will not include in your Member profile any identifiable information such as telephone numbers, addresses, last names, URLs, email addresses or other contact information; if you do so, please note that this information will be removed.
- You will not harass or impersonate any Member or other individual accessing the Service.
- You will not post, distribute or reproduce any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such rights.
- You will not interfere with or disrupt the Services or the servers or networks connected to the Services.
- You will not use the Service to distribute, promote or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
- You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not forge or otherwise manipulate headers and other identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Services.
- You shall not direct any person to any other website for any purpose from the Service.
- You will conduct yourself in a manner on this Site that is consistent with all laws and regulations that apply in any jurisdiction applicable to your use of the Service.
This Agreement constitutes your Agreement with DatesOut with respect to your use of the Service. You must agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement in order to become or remain an authorised user of the Service.
Right to use
Your right to use the Service is subject to any limitations, conditions and restrictions established by us from time to time, in our sole discretion. We may alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any Service feature, database or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and aspects of the Service or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
Use of information
During completion of the registration process or use of the Services you may provide DatesOut with your email address. By providing this information you grant permission for DatesOut to send you periodical newsletters and details pertaining to your registration. You may unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time via the link included in the correspondence.
You also acknowledge that DatesOut may choose to use Members’ profile images for promotional purposes including but not limited to further use throughout the Site. You grant permission for DatesOut to do so by completing the registration process.
Monitoring and removal of information
You acknowledge and agree that we have no duty to prescreen, control, monitor or edit the content posted by Members. However, you understand and agree that we may, but are not required to, review, edit and delete any content, email, messages, photos, dates or profiles that, in our judgment : (i) violate these Terms; (ii) may be offensive, disturbing, unsafe, or illegal; or (iii) may violate any rights of other Members or third parties.
Termination of access to the service
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website. You may terminate your membership at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. We may terminate your membership for any reason at any time. Even after your membership is terminated, certain sections of this Agreement will remain in effect.
You are responsible for all usage of activity on the Service from anyone using your password and/or login details. It is your responsibility to keep this information private and secure.
Interactions with other members
You and you alone are responsible for your interactions with other members on the Service. DatesOut does not screen Members upon registration or attempt to verify their details. DatesOut makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Members, or any information concerning any venues, dates or events suggested by Members or otherwise through the Services.
Warranty disclaimer and exclusions / limitations of liability
We make no representation that the operation of our Site will be uninterrupted or error-free. We may change, restrict access to, suspend or discontinue the Site or any part of it at anytime. The information, content and services on the Site are provided on an "as is" basis. When you use the Site and or participate therein, you understand and agree that you participate at your own risk.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DatesOut and all directors, owners and information providers from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of this Agreement. You shall cooperate as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. DatesOut reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
Intellectual property rights
You hereby acknowledge that all rights, titles and interests, including but not limited to rights covered by the Intellectual Property Rights, in and to the Site, and that You will not acquire any right, title, or interest in or to the Site except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any of our services or documentation, or create or attempt to create a substitute or similar service through use of or access to the Site or proprietary information related thereto.
You agree not to disclose information you obtain from us or from our clients, advertisers and members. All information submitted to the Site is proprietary information of DatesOut. Such customer information is confidential and may not be disclosed.
If you believe that any material or content distributed by DatesOut constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a description of the copyrighted work that has been infringed, where the material is located and your contact details.
Non-assignment of rights
Your rights cannot be assigned nor transferred to anybody, and any such attempt may result in termination of this Agreement. However, we may assign this Agreement to any person at any time without notice.
Failure of DatesOut to insist upon strict performance of any of the terms or conditions hereof shall not be deemed a relinquishment or waiver of any rights or remedy that we may have, nor shall it be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the terms or conditions hereof.
And severability of terms
In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to any judicial decree or decision, such provision shall be deemed to apply only to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
This Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the substantive laws of England, without any reference to conflict-of-laws principles. The Agreement describes and encompasses the entire Agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous Agreements, representations and warranties with respect to the Site, the contents and materials provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Agreement.
Choice of law; jurisdiction; forum
Any dispute, controversy or difference which may arise between the parties out of, in relation to or in connection with this Agreement is submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of London, to the exclusion of any other courts without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence.
Got any questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org